September 19, 2022 at 2:21 amHaiquanSubscriber
I used Generalized Time Hardening creep model for product made of polymer ABS/PC, but I face convergence issue(simulation condition is under 85°C uniform temperature), the creep integration algorithm does not converge. More substeps had been used and creep limit ratio was set to 10.
The fitting result of test data is shown below, there are negative constants and a warning shown that this could cause negative creep strain in the solver.
I tried to validate my creep model using a simple rectangular specimen, there is no convergence issue, and the simulation result matched the test data as shown below.
What is the root cause of this convergence?
September 19, 2022 at 10:21 ampeteroznewmanSubscriber
How much does setting the negative constants to zero change the quality of the fit? If not too much, does that improve convergence?
September 20, 2022 at 2:35 amHaiquanSubscriber
Thank you very much for your comment.
I tried your suggestion, and set the negaptive constant C2 to 0 for rectangular specimen under 110°C condition(no convergence issue for this simple case too). But simulation result shown significant difference, even the absolute value of C2 is much smaller than C1, C4 and C5
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.