Electronics

Electronics

Issue when running analysis on circuit design tool

• hgar96
      Subscriber

Hi,

I'm having trouble running analysis on the ciruit design tool on Ansys. From HFSS, I export s-parameters as an .sNp file, and then I open it up on the ciruit design tool. My first concern is I'm importing a 2 port network, but I'm not sure why 4 terminals aren't begin shown; instead the ports are represented by a box on either side.

After importing the s parameters for the two port network and putting it inside my circuit, I realized the program wasn't recognizing the ports. After some research, I learned that perhaps importing the s-parameters aren't enough and  I need to add the port symbol on each end of the port box, seen below. The simulation ran and I was able to get a plot for s-parameters. Do you think including the port component (diamond symbol) connected to the port boxes (what I got when I initially imported the s-param data) is the correct thing to do? I ask because I've also gotten this warning after analysis was done: 
       " [warning] Direct connections between interface and/or global ports are not allowed: Pin, 0 and Net, Port2 " 

Next, I needed to integrate the ports back into my circuit but the simulation doesn't work now. It says " Nothing to solve for LinearFrequency. Enable or clean up solution to force a new simulation."   Below is my circuit; any suggestions about what I'm doing wrong would be appreciated.  I'm trying to do the same thing I did above, which is sweep for frequency and plot s-parameters. I got plots with above ciruit design without connecting any components additional components, but now for the ciruit below it isn't working.

Do you think it's anything related to a license issue (I have the gui for the ciruit tool, but no solve license; however if the license was the issue, I'm assuming the first circuit design above wouldn't even run)?

Also, do you know how to get the 4 terminals (2 terminals on either side) for the 2 port network (like below) because I end up connecting the capacitor back to the same node. Does the port box represent the 2 nodes? 

• hgar96
      Subscriber

I changed my ciruit (pic below). However, when I plot the return loss, it's a constant line, and even when I deactivate the capacitor (open it), the s11 plot still doesn't change. Any suggestions?

• hgar96
      Subscriber

Just for reference, this is the plot I get when it's just the ports without the additional components. With the circuit above, I'm expecting to see an s11 curve that has a minimum (like a "dip") at the resonating frequency; however I'm getting a constant line that isn't being affected when the cap is deactivated. 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.