Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Issue with Ansys Electronic Desktop in ANSYS student 2019 R2

• Jenny896
      Subscriber

I installed Ansys with the electromagnetic suite on a new desktop yesterday. When I set up a new maxwell 3D design and click into 'Geometry', several error messages occured and the EDT failed to open. I reinstalled the whole software severl times but it just couldn't work. 

• shuyil13
      Subscriber

Same happened to me.

Try another desktop and it installed successfully, but this one just can't work.

The error message is:

Maxwell is busy, expecting user input or has experienced an error

EditSystem failed with "Ansys.Ansoft.CoreAddin.Exceptions.ProxyAPICallFailureException: Maxwell is busy, expecting user input or has experienced an error

at Ansys.Ansoft.CoreAddin.ProxyCommunication.DirectProxyCommunicator.EditSystem(LaunchSystemInDesktopCmdBlock block)

at Ansys.Ansoft.CoreAddin.Data.DesktopDesignInfoEntityOperations.EditSystem(IFullContext context, DataReference system, TypedInt desktopLaunchFlags)" for C:Users15105AppDataLocalTempWB_DESKTOP-28RHI7G_15105_14616_2unsaved_project_filesdpallglobalAnsoftMaxwellProject.aedt

Can not access desktop

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

So, your Workbench is from ANSYS Student (free) version ?

If so, you can't use this with your paid Electronics Desktop license.

Thanks,

Win

• Jenny896
      Subscriber

Our university provides full license. And the same installation pack works well on other computers in our lab, but it just can't work on my computer. I can open the EDT alone and build a geometry model, but it can't solve the model. And it cannot be opened through the Workbench. 

• Jenny896
      Subscriber

And every time I open the EDT through workbench, the workbench will show it's busy. And then the EDT get stuck, I can only force to close through task manager. 

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

If you open up a blank Workbench session, save it to be under C:Temp, then add Maxwell 3D systems, do you get the same issue ?

• Jenny896
      Subscriber

Yes the same issue still occurs. I also tried changing the default folder for temporary files and the result is also the same.

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

what if you reset ANSYS configuration ? Open CMD Prompt, then issue the following command

move %appdata%ansys %appdata%ansys.old

If that doesn't help, can you try logging into Windows by another user account and use the software ?

Lastly, try temporarily turning off all security software (Firewall, antivirus, etc.)

• Jenny896
      Subscriber

Thank you! I turn off the security software and the problem is solved!

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

That's great !

Thanks for the update.

You don't have to permanently turn it off. You can just turn it back on but add 'exclusions' for ANSYS.

Please mark the thread as 'resolved' ('Is Solution') so we know there is a resolution here.

Thanks,

Win

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.