Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Issue with ANSYS license

• meljin
      Subscriber

Hello

The software had been working fine all this while, however, now it starts showing the below error message. Could anyone please suggest how this could be corrected?

ANSYS LICENSE MANAGER ERROR:Capability Fluent Solver does not exist in the ANSYS licensing pool.

The specified license path:

ANSYSLI_SERVERS: 

FLEXlm Servers:

does not have any licenses for any product. Please make sure

the license server has been started correctly.

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Are you using ANSYS student (free) version or ANSYS academic (paid-up license) version ?

If student version, the built-in license might have expired, you can try the steps in below thread to renew the license

https://studentcommunity.ansys.com/thread/how-can-i-renew-ansys-student-version-license/

• meljin
      Subscriber

I am using a ANSYS academic (paid-up license) version. And it has not reached the date of expiry yet.

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Check your ansyslmd.ini file, this is in (default location)

C:Program FilesANSYS IncShared FilesLicensing

does it point to the license server correctly ?

Also, from CMD Prompt, type

set ans

then, post the output of it here

• hynder
      Subscriber

I am having a similar problem to meljin and I have tried the following but here are still issues with the licensing;

I have switched my VPN on (as I am in Saudi at the moment) and the problem is still present.

I have switched AVG and Windows Defender off and kept the VPN on but the problem is still present.

I have checked this folder location and the 'C:Program FilesANSYS IncShared FilesLicensing' and the 'ansyslmd.ini' file is present. When I click on this file I can see the server ID's associated to my name.

The following is the information from the CMD Prompt when I type 'set ans'

C:WindowsSystem32>set ans

ANSYS192_DIR=C:Program FilesANSYS Incv192ANSYS

ANSYSLIC_DIR=C:Program FilesANSYS IncShared FilesLicensing

ANSYS_SYSDIR=winx64

ANSYS_SYSDIR32=win32

ANS_OLD_ATTACH=1

C:WindowsSystem32>

Do you have any other ideas?

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

The content of ansyslmd.ini should be showing the hostname of the license server machine (the machine that is hosting ANSYS licenses). This normally should be your school's license server machine.

• hynder
      Subscriber

This is the information in the file.Does this look ok?

SERVER=1055@AlanHynd

ANSYSLI_SERVERS=2325@AlanHynd

I am also receiving this error when I start the program;

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

You are pointing to use licenses from your own machine. Do you have license server anywhere at school ?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.