General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Topics relate to Mechanical Enterprise, Motion, Additive Print and more

Issue with eigenvalue buckling analysis on a corrugated wall

• Benjamin Chng
      Subscriber

Hi everyone,

I have been trying eigenvalue buckling on a corrugated wall recently and comparing it to a past result done by a schoolmate. But my results are different from his. The photo on the left is my result and the one on the right is his. 

For my eigenvalues, they are both very close or equal to each other. I am not quite sure if this is a design issue or whether the boundary conditions I applied are the problem. For him, the boundary is fixed on all 4 edges and applied a 1N force (toward the wall).

Thanks in advance

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

For him, the boundary is fixed on all 4 edges and applied a 1N force (toward the wall).

For you?

You might get the same eigenvalues if you use the same geometry, boundary conditions and the same mesh size.

• Benjamin Chng
        Subscriber

My boundary conditions are simply supported and also 1N force toward the wall. But I don't have his exact specification. But I can try using the same boundary conditions as him. Thanks!

On a side note, what does my eigenvalue buckling analysis result means compare to his? And why is my analysis so localised?

Thanks!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.