Fluids

Fluids

Issue with Fluent idleing on solution in Workbench

• Callumpink
      Subscriber

Hi all,

I'm running the ANSYS Fluent Academic Research Mechanical and CFD licence.

I setup my simultations on Workbench to use Design Points and Parameters and to use the update all design points option to bulk them all together but it will start doing the simulations and then at no specific time will start to idle on a solution and not move on from this point until I abort and then have to reset the simulation it idles on.  Pressing interupt doesn't do anything either.

Any reasons for why this is or what I could do to alter this?

As I'm running a number of simulations, opening and running each individual fluent case isn't ideal so would appreciate a fix

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Check solution.trn if Fluent finished the run. If yes disable solution monitoring and try again. Please also try using the latest release.
    • sreejithkrajan
      Subscriber
      Hi, nI am also facing the same issue. I've tried with both Workbench 19R3 and 20R1, as well as with and without the 'Show solution monitor' enabled. However, the simulation gets stuck randomly in all cases. Please let me know if we have any resolution or workarounds for this issue.nThanks in advance for your time.n
    • Karthik R
      Administrator
      As my colleague was suggesting, please take a look into the Fluent transcript file (.trn) file to see if there is any error messages there.nKarthikn
    • sreejithkrajan
      Subscriber
      Hi,nnThank you for the prompt follow-up. I have checked the .trn file to check the completion as the previous response suggested, and as reported by the previous user, the solution is finishing without any errors. The issue is that after completion, the simulation gets stuck and would not go to the next design point. Please let me know if you need more details.
    • sreejithkrajan
      Subscriber
      Also including links for other instances I could find of users reporting the same issue:nn
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.