Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Issue with license for student version

• LoryMontagna
      Subscriber

Good morning,

I had the R19.2 working on my PC and I decided to upgrade to the R20.1 version. I uninstalled the software and cleared also the AppData folder, then I installed the new version. When I try to run the Mechanical APCL Product Launcher an error appears saying "No Licensed Products Found".

If I open the Users License Preferences, no license are shown in the top part, for none of the category.

If I search in the Shared Files, the file student.lic is present and it contains the data required.

Can somebody please help me to solve this issue? I already restarted the PC after the installation.

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Check your Windows environment variables to see if any of these exist

ANSYSLI_ELASTIC

ANSYSLI_LCP

If so, delete them.

• LoryMontagna
      Subscriber

It worked,thanks.

The only thing that is different from before is that in Workbench there are only few options, even if in the toolbox customization there are a lot more options selected.

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

That's great !

Just to clarify, you mean this image is before the issue is resolved or after ? Because this image shows some sign of licensing issue as well.

• LoryMontagna
      Subscriber

Unfortunately, the screenshot has been taken after deleting the two variables in Windows Enviroment. I supposed that everything was fixed because I was able to open the ADPL launcher, but apparently there are still some issues. Therefore, some extra help would be appreciated, thanks.

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

You can try the following command in CMD Prompt (make sure all ANSYS applications are closed first)

move "%appdata%ansys" "%appdata%ansys.old"

If this doesn't help, from Workbench, click on Tools -> License Preferences, then post screenshot here

Also, post the output of 'set' command (without quote) from CMD Prompt

• LoryMontagna
      Subscriber

Is seems that by moving the directory the Workbench is fixed: all the options appears now, and by opening the License Preferences the licenses are shown.

Thank you sincerely!

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Great to hear ! Glad everything is working for you now.

• kailaash_rajasegar
      Subscriber
      n
    • piotrpekacki
      Subscriber
      Hello,nIt seems like I am having the same problem. I have installed the latest student version. So far I have followed every step from this post. nThis is a screenshot from Workbench, Tools -> License Preferencesnnand another one with output of command set from CMD PromptnAny help would be highly appreciatedn
    • TneedsHelp
      Subscriber
      Hi,nI have the same problem. nBut I need a little help on the step before. Where or how do i find the CMD prompt and what do you mean by: move %appdata%\ansys %appdata%\ansys.old in the previous commend. nI would really appreciate your Help!nThank you very much!n
    • julendra
      Subscriber
      Do this in CMD:ncd c:\program files\ansys inc\ansys student\shared files\licensing\winx64nand thisnansysli_util.exe -checkout FLUENT_SOLVERn
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.