Preprocessing

Preprocessing

Issue with mehing a modified geometry

• ThibaudC
      Subscriber

Hi,

I am doing some structural analysis on an existing model coming from a .cdb file. I needed to modify the geometry (separate some bodies) but I didn't know how to change it in the external model. I found the .pmdb geometry file and tried to define an analysis from scratch with this geometry. I first modified it (with DesignModeler and/or SpaceClaim), but then it was impossible to mesh it (the meshing worked before the modification with the .pmdb). The error : The mesh generation did not complete due to poor quality elements or incorrect input. Please try meshing with another mesh method or different mesh options.

I tried different meshing options but always the same problem. I have not used Ansys for a long time so if someone can help me I would be greatful. If maybe there is a way to modify the defined geometry groups in the external model, it could help too (I just found the meshing and named selections in the .cdb file from Mechanical APDL).

Thanks for your answers.

Thibaud

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber
      I am willing to take a look at the geometry to try to get it to mesh. Please put the original and modified .pmdb and .cdb files in a .rar archive and attach that to your reply.
      I am more familiar with SpaceClaim, so if you can put the .scdoc file in the .rar file, that would be better.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.