Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Issue with running distributed ANSYS

• alitabei
      Subscriber

Hi, I am seeing these two errors (RSM report screen shot and WB screenshot) when trying to run ANSYS on cluster with RSM.

I checked our license status with lmstat command see no license is being used, all the licenses are available.

Any help is appreciated.

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hey Ali,

When you checked lmstat, do you have license called 'ansys' or you have other licenses ? Can you provide the full list of licenses you have ?

Thanks,

Win

• alitabei
      Subscriber

Hi Win, 

Thanks for your response. Copied and pasted all the available licenses from lmstat. Please see here

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Ali,

Sorry, we are not allowed to access 3rd party links. Can you post the content of it inline ? You can take out the parts that show server hostname if you like.

Thanks,

Win

• alitabei
      Subscriber

please see below:

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Thanks for the info Ali.

So, you really don't have the 'ansys' license but the solver specifically looked for it without checking for other licenses. There are 2 circumstances that will force server to do this.

1. User license preference: Check this folder ( ~/.ansys/v192/licensing/ )  in your home directory on the cluster and see if there is any file in there. If so, remove it

2. License specified in Solve Process settings: Check your local machine -> Mechanical GUI -> Solve Process Settings , to see what license is defined there. In your case, you should be using ANSYS Academic Research license.

Thanks,

Win

• alitabei
      Subscriber

Thanks very much Win. The second thing (changing the license in my local machine) solved the issue! Our license got renewed on end of August and this must be a new thing , since I did not change anything on my solve process settings. Anyways, it is now working. Thanks again.

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Good to hear !  Thanks for the update Ali. I'm glad it's working now.

Thanks,

Win

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.