December 6, 2022 at 12:39 amRyan McGuinnessSubscriber
I'm trying to resolve a problem I keep having with my submodels no matter what I try.
As you can see overall my displacement looks pretty good. My boundaries do not though upon closer inspection and my stress is often 20-40MPa off during my initial run when I don't modify the mesh or anything else.
All of the surfaces I have selected as boundary conditions stretch in weird ways.
You can see below the surface on the left deformed naturally which has the bolt included in the submodel. The surface on the right does not have the bolt included and I selected the contact as the boundary condition.
What am I doing wrong? My process is to duplicate a succesful assembly, suppress all the parts I don't want which suppresses all the related contacts and loads, and import all for "source time". I don't want to do all, I'd like to only look at the displacement at the last step but I can't get it to work right either way. I don't change any of the other loads, temps, or pretensions and let it run through all of the load steps.
December 6, 2022 at 11:56 amAshish KhemkaAnsys Employee
Please see if the following links help:
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.