Fluids

Fluids

issue with the solver

• sameep11
      Subscriber

I am going through the edx hand on course but stuck there in 1.5 homework i gone through all the lecture but dont able to get the output below is my work plz someone help me in removing it

• Sandeep Medikonda
      Ansys Employee

Hi sameep, 

Please provide more details on what is wrong and what your expectations are from the results?

~Sandeep

• sameep11
      Subscriber

it is expected

mine max temp is 6.75 but the output is 7.5 

i used heat flux=-0.5

better go for the A hand on course on engineering simulation from edx 1.5 home work numerical result module

thanks for the support

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Hello Sameep,

Please show that you applied the proper BCs.

Also, please show that you have the correct material properties

• sameep11
      Subscriber
      what is Bcs?
    • sameep11
      Subscriber
      got it i have put the same bcs
    • sameep11
      Subscriber
      but ig not 2d conduction
      thanks for the reply
    • peteroznewman
      Subscriber

If you are referring to where my image says: A: 1D with Internal Heat Generation, that is because I renamed the system block from Steady State Thermal on the Project page of Workbench.  That can be useful when you have several blocks on the page since the label shows up in the plots!

I don't see any images in your reply. You have to save to a file before you can add them to your post. You can grab and paste from the clipboard.  Is your model giving the correct temperature now?

• mohamed elbanhawy
      Subscriber

In the picture This errors happened when i try to solve in ansys Fluent and when i tried to open results in the workbench it gives me this message "no applicable licences available right now " >>> what should i do to solve that  

error writing the compressed file

• sameep11
      Subscriber

i didnt get the add material option

• sameep11
      Subscriber

is anybody give the correct answer of the energy balance?

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

sameep11,

In your post above, no one here is going to give you the correct answer to a question from the edX course.

In your post two above, I see you have a material called sameep that has the thermal conductivity property, but the drop down menu is covering up the value assigned and the units.

I ask again, is your model now giving the correct temperature result?

• sameep11
      Subscriber
      no my temp is wrong
    • peteroznewman
      Subscriber

You didn't show a screen snapshot of your model with the boundary conditions, the way I showed in my screen snapshot.

• sameep11
      Subscriber

May i have your mail id?

• sameep11
      Subscriber

I have got the same result as yours but dont get the right temp value yet

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

Please be more precise about your questions? Are you now asking about Fluent or still regarding ANSYS with the edx workshop? If yes show the screenshot of your model with all boundary conditions as highlighted by peteroznewman

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.