Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Issues with ANSYS Discovery Student version on university desktops

• AidanD7
      Subscriber

I am a college student and I am trying to use ANSYS Discovery for a project. My college has ANSYS Discovery already on their Windows desktops, but I do not believe they have a subscription to ANSYS Discovery. Whenever I try to open it (by clicking on the Start icon on the left of the taskbar, going to the "ANSYS 2021 R2" folder, and then clicking on "Discover 2021 R2"), Discovery either asks for a login and says there are no active subscriptions, or simply closes. So I've tried installing the free trial version of ANSYS Discovery linked here: https://engage.ansys.com/e/829963/udents-ansys-discovery-student/4mwt33/209877110?h=UViEacYl4xBCUk5szIAG0k6QFpRfSwbNWy7r0A6TpR4. I've installed it onto the school's desktop, but the only version of Discovery I can find is the one that was already installed (what I assume is the non-student version). The link above says that to access the student version, I need to "click Start>Ansys Discovery >Ansys Discovery or click the Ansys Discovery desktop shortcut." Neither the desktop shortcut, nor the "Ansys Discovery" folder in the Start menu exist.

So here's my question, is the version of Discovery, the non-student version, somehow interfering with the installation of the student version that I downloaded?

• George Karnos
      Ansys Employee
      It may be a mixture of the Discovery versions.
      My recommendation is to uninstall Discovery from the machine.
      Rename the c:\Program files\Ansys Inc directory to: ANSYS Inc.Old
      Install the Student version.
    • AidanD7
      Subscriber
      I think that worked. Thank you
    • George Karnos
      Ansys Employee
      Excellent! I will go ahead and close this thread!
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.