Preprocessing

Preprocessing

Issues with conformal meshing

• navierstoked
      Subscriber

Hi

I'm trying to mesh a blood vessel with 3 different zones (1 porous and 2 non porous). I made the geometry in SpaceClaim and then merged the bodies in Design Modeller.

The porous zone has a section on the surface where I plan to use a UDF (here shown by the rectangular middle section).  My issue is that whenever I'm trying to mesh my geometry, I'm ending up with quads in the non porous sections and tris in the middle section. Any idea why this is happening? I want to have a uniform quad mesh  the entire geometry.

Attached is a screenshot of the geometry in Space Claim and Mesh setup. I am using ANSYS 18.2 (because that's the latest offered by my university)

Thank you in advance for your help

• navierstoked
      Subscriber

Here are the pictures

• Aniket
      Ansys Employee

• Try Multizone method for meshing central body

• If that fails, then slice the central body in three different and use Shared topology

• navierstoked
      Subscriber

Hi

I have tried both but the middle section still persists with the Tri meshing. The Multizone mesh actually fails to generate. 

I have tried slicing the face from the middle section in Design Modeller and then setting Share Topology to "Merge", but that also does not work.

Any suggestions/ alternative solutions you might have? 

here's the link to the file if that helps 

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Staff are not allowed to download/open attachments. 

Have a look in the manuals at Sweep and Multizone to understand how they work, and their limitations. The mesh you have is very coarse, so I suspect having a few tet elements won't cause any additional problems: you need to refine the mesh to capture the flow features. 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.