Fluids

Fluids

Key Words – Particle settling, DPM-DEM model

• kasimhussen
      Subscriber

Hello All, I want to simulate settling of particle in bottom of rectangular Box. particle is injected from top surface. But Even though i am using DPM-DEM model particles are overlapping and not colliding with each other. Can you suggest me what to do. or any other model i should use in order to see settling and colliding each other.

it is a simple 2D simulation Particle Diameter = 0.5 mm. Box Size 10*10 mm.

Any Suggestion is welcome

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee
      Please post the questions in appropriate category. Moving this question to other category to get better response. nMoving to fluids.n
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      How big are the cells?n
    • kasimhussen
      Subscriber
      ok Sir I will n@Rob nSir the cell size is 0.55*0.55 mm. I put it in that way because the particle size is 0.5 mm. Here I have also attached screenshot of my setting. And Sir can I settle the particles without using DEM...?. Sir Here I also attached my DEM setting and method screenshot please have a look if something is wrong there. Thank You. Really Appreciate your help.nnn
    • kasimhussen
      Subscriber
      Sir I guess I asked question in fluid category. If I am not wrong.n
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      actually you do not require any flow at first if pure particle settling is investigated. In that case particles can be larger than cells but if flow is accounted particles should be smaller than cell. On other hand you need to find out suitable spring and damping parameters and resolve particle collision time. Start from reading manual and theory about DEM n
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.