January 25, 2023 at 4:43 amrakesh_krishnaSubscriberI am trying to launch the Lumerical interconnect simulation of a layout in lumerical. For this I followed the intructions listed on (https://github.com/SiEPIC/SiEPIC_EBeam_PDK/wiki/Installation-instructions)First I installed the CML models in "Design kits" section of the "Element library" in Lumerical.The final step "Part 4" on the github page suggests testing the simulation connectivity between the lumerical interconnect and KLayout by opening up a layout ("Double-bus ring resonator sweep") and following the SiEPIC-> Simulation, circuits->Circuit simulation: Lumerical InterconnectWhen I follow this step, first thing I get is the errorAfter pressing cancel, a new message box pops up "Cannot find Lumerical" . Am I missing something here related to API (Lumerical Python API feature)? Where I check if it is present or procure it?
January 26, 2023 at 7:11 pmGuanhui WangAnsys Employee
Thank you for the post. We actually developed Lumerical tools KLayout integration based on the SEIPIC tools: https://optics.ansys.com/hc/en-us/articles/4411236218387-KLayout-Interoperability-Overview-, and you may want to check out this workflow as well. For your workflow, the problem seems to be in the license. Which OS are you using and where you install Lumerical tools to?
January 26, 2023 at 11:19 pm
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.