July 31, 2020 at 6:11 pmCharlotte BlairAnsys EmployeeWhy the cores of the electrical machines are laminated instead of machining from solid block of steel?
July 31, 2020 at 6:11 pmrtkAnsys Employee
Hello @cblair ,
The cores of the electrical machines are laminated and are also insulated to reduce the induced circulating current also called eddy currents.
July 31, 2020 at 6:12 pmCharlotte BlairAnsys Employee
Hi @rtk ,
Eddy currents! How do they effect Electrical machines?
July 31, 2020 at 6:13 pmrtkAnsys Employee
Hi @cblair ,
If the core is not laminated, eddy currents will cause a considerable loss in the cores of electrical machines which results in the excessive heating of the machine.
July 31, 2020 at 6:13 pmCharlotte BlairAnsys EmployeeThank you @rtk for your explanation. ?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the Lorentz Force, Damping Force and Damping coefficient in 3D transient Analysis
- How to decide “time at the end of load step” for a transient analysis.?
- Return loss and Reflection Coefficient
- Difference between directivity and gain
- Maxwell: variables in material definition
- Designing an electromagnet simulation to calculate the magnetic flux density.
- * Error* there is at least 1 small equation solver pivot term (eg. VOLT DOF of node 575)
- Cogging torque
- B-H Curve Interpolation