November 7, 2020 at 8:59 amRameez_ul_HaqSubscriberHello there. We all know that 'large deflection on' effect makes the analysis non-linear, essentially by taking into account the geometric or in other words, element sizes' change and then modifying the stiffness matrix accordingly, on every iteration. The stiffness matrix here is a function of change in the displacements of the nodes itself for every iteration of each substep.nThe frictional and frictionless contact/support also causes the analysis to become non-linear, which means that the stiffness matrix is modified for every iteration of each substep. But my question is that why is frictional/frictionless non-linear? nFor a large displacement/strain, we know that we have to take into account the changes in geometry since the stiffness matrix itself is a function of geometry, but why does the frictional or frictionless contact makes the analysis non-linear? Is there a relation between the stiffness matrix and any aspect originating due to frictional/frictionless contact or support?n
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Colors and Mesh Display
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.