July 23, 2018 at 10:37 pmguillermo.parraguezSubscriber
I want to ask you what are the considerations taken into account in numerical simulations when the "Large Deflections" option is set in "On". I'm modeling a steel moment connection and when I compare the hysteresis curves without and with "large deflections", I observe that there's small diferences between the maximum capacity of the connection but I'm not sure if I can continue my research keeping the "Large Deflection" in "Off" because I don't know what considerations this option adds to the numerical model.
Thank you for your help!
July 24, 2018 at 12:20 amSandeep MedikondaAnsys Employee
Looks like you do have material non-linearities and it is always recommended to have Large deflection ON in these cases. How much of a deformation are you seeing in your model? Maybe it isn't large enough for you to see a difference? Check out the following resources that talk about this in detail:
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.