December 10, 2019 at 7:49 pmstellaaaavanSubscriber
I am using HFSS to simulation the magnetic field generated around an inductor. I used several methods to excite an inductor, but I got quite different results.
1. Current excitation. I used the current excitation by defining an integration line( in the horizontal rectangle on the 3rd figure) between the two ports of the inductor. When ploting the magnetic field, I defined the current to be 1A. The magnetic field generated at certain position is around 18kA/m.
2. Voltage excitation. I used lumped port to excite the inductor. In 3rd figure, the middle horizontal rectangle is assigned to be a lumped port. To compare the results between current excitation and voltage excitation, I calculated the voltage across the inductor when current is 1A. V=j*w*L*I. When plotting the magnetic field, I editted the source voltage to be the calculated value V. However, the magnetic field I got is only 2kA/m.
Based on some other verification method, I know that the value got from current excitation is correct. I wonder how could I set the excitation correctly to get the appropriate value from the voltage excitation method (lumped port), as this method is more convenient for our application.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- simulation completed with execution error on server
- Maxwell, HFSS or Q3D?
- How to export Ansys Maxwell simulation results for post-processing in matlab or in .csv file
- Unable to assign correctly the excitations in a coil
- Running ANSYS HFSS on the HPC (it runs on Linux only)
- Running ANSYS HFSS on multiple nodes on SLURM based cluster
- Intersect errors with model with complex structure
- Process ‘3dtds’ terminated abnormally
- HFSS: reset marker legend dimensions.
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.