April 11, 2022 at 1:17 pmtalimuSubscriber
1) In your example "Thermally tuned waveguide (FDE)" in Heat Solver , you use input power from 20 to 30mW applied on a
wire is placed 2um above the waveguide and acts as the heat source used to thermally tuned the waveguide and achieve
the desired phase shift.
2) Do you have a similar example with Laser pulse as a heat source used to thermally tuned the waveguide? My main purpose is
to check the heating time (to a max) and cooling time of my waveguide system when it is subjected to Laser pulse.
Can it be simulated with Heat Solver?
Thanks in Advance,
talimuApril 11, 2022 at 6:26 pmGuilin SunAnsys EmployeeHEAT solver is independent from Optics, which is different from HEAT-CHARGE coupled simulation.
HEAT can have a shutter to begin and end light illumination, but not by a laser pulse, which will need you to get results of the optical absorption vs time. We do not have similar example so you will need to develop your own method, which can be challenge as laser pulse is quite long and the 3D time monitor will take a lot of memory. It is doable to get the absorption with time variable, and then export the absorption in HEAT. But how to synchronize the time in the two solvers is a question.
The other way is to do a steady-state optical simulation and in HEAT you sweep the absorption power in a laser pulse manner, eg, the power is gradually increase, reach the top, and then decrease. This might be more practical.
We encourage our customers developing their own simulation methodology. However the forum is mainly for existing examples and how to use the software. Therefore the technical support is limited here.
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.