March 21, 2022 at 12:10 pmBillLiSubscriber
To validate the results from lattice optimization I have used, according to the Mechanical User's Guide, the method of lattice validation with a homogenization model. In this method there is an element called "Imported load: Imported lattice knockdown factor". What exactly is this knockdown factor and what properties does it import into the homogenized model?
BillMarch 23, 2022 at 2:00 pmJohn DoyleAnsys EmployeeThese are ratios of actual lattice volume to an equivalent homogenous volume. They are applied as scaling factors on all the material properties (i.e. elastic modulus, shear modulus, yield strength, density, and thermal conductivity) to provide a simplified representation of the lattice pattern as an "equivalent" homogenious solid.
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
Ansys BlogTrending discussions
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Errors – Reinforced Concrete Beam
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Cannot apply load on node
- Colors and Mesh Display
Top Rated Tags