Fluids

Fluids

Level 2 for VOF to increase the stability in ANSYS 2020 R1 can not be applied to ANSYS 2019 R3

• Billyyee
      Subscriber

I noticed the new functions (Level 2)  in ANSYS 2020R1  to increase the stability of VOF model, When I set everything well in ANSYS 2020 R1, and moved the case to run it on the ANSYS 2019 R3 version. The results in ANSYS 2019 R3 shows the convergence performing not as well as in the ANSYS 2020 R1. I checked the journal file in ANSYS 2019 R3 , which shows"Default context "constant-density-NITA" conflicts with at least one context from the case file and will be discarded." Could you help me to explain about this text? The details have been attached. Thanks.

Default context "constant-density-NITA" conflicts with at least one context from the case file and will be discarded.

Details: Level: 241 conflicting case contexts & variables: (("constant density NITA" (nita/outer-iter nita/residual-tolerance/iter nita/flux/extrapolate? flow/scheme drsm/residual-tolerance retheta/residual-tolerance intermit/residual-tolerance omega/residual-tolerance kl/residual-tolerance f/residual-tolerance v2/residual-tolerance epsilon/residual-tolerance k/residual-tolerance nut/residual-tolerance w-swirl/residual-tolerance enthalpy/residual-tolerance temperature/residual-tolerance pressure/residual-tolerance mom/residual-tolerance pressure/amg-alpha pressure/cycle-type tvar/max-iter soot-mom/max-iter pull/max-iter pdftss/max-iter premix-g-var/max-iter premix-g-eqn/max-iter premixc/max-iter fvar2/max-iter fvar/max-iter fmean2/max-iter fmean/max-iter drsm/max-iter retheta/max-iter intermit/max-iter omega/max-iter kl/max-iter f/max-iter v2/max-iter epsilon/max-iter k/max-iter nut/max-iter w-swirl/max-iter enthalpy/max-iter temperature/max-iter mom/max-iter pressure/max-iter)))

Default context "variable-density-NITA" conflicts with at least one context from the case file and will be discarded.

Details: Level: 242 conflicting case contexts & variables: (("variable density NITA" (premixc/relax fvar/relax dpm/relax density/relax models/equation-order nita/outer-iter nita/flux/extrapolate? flow/scheme premix-g

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

Sounds logic that new updates cannot be applied to old release.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.