Ansys Free Student Software

Ansys Free Student Software

Topics cover installation and configuration of our free student products

Licence checkout failed

• Mugisha1
      Subscriber

I downloaded the current student version of ANSYS and unable to run packages like CFX . whenever I click on CFX pre to load a new workpage , I end up getting this (Licence checkout failed!

I also realized I do not have a license yet I downloaded a student version .

Please help me !

Thank you

• ANSYS_MMadore
      Ansys Employee
      Array Can you please provide screenshots of the %TEMP%\.ansys\licdebug.CFX_PRE.202.out and %TEMP%\.ansys\ansysli_client....log files?.Thank you,nMattn
    • Mugisha1
      Subscriber
      Good morning, so I downloaded the Ansys student 2020 R1 yesterday, nonetheless I get the same errors and kindly find the requested files . n nn
    • ANSYS_MMadore
      Ansys Employee
      It looks like you are not running a regular Student installation. You actually should not have an ansysli_client....log file with the Student installation. Do you have any other ANSYS products installed? Can you open a command prompt and type set without the quotes and post the full output? Can you share a screenshot of your C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\ANSYS Student\Shared Files\Licensing directory?n
    • Mugisha1
      Subscriber
      Let me share the path to my licensing directory in a bit . I downloaded the student package from the website itself . n
    • ANSYS_MMadore
      Ansys Employee
      There should be more to the output than what you posted, can you scroll up in the Window?n
    • Mugisha1
      Subscriber
      n
    • ANSYS_MMadore
      Ansys Employee
      Please remove these 2 variables.nANSYSLI_ELASTICnANSYSLI_LCPnnThanksnMattn
    • Mugisha1
      Subscriber
      Can you share a screenshot of your C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\ANSYS Student\Shared Files\Licensing directory? - I can not get to the Licensing directory using this path unfortunately .n
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Licence checkout failed’ is closed to new replies.