June 30, 2020 at 7:02 amstacypattiSubscriber
I'm currently doing an intership for a company which has ANSYS licenses. I absolutely need to import a geometry from Catia v5 in a .CATPart format, otherwise I lose information I need. Everytime I try to import it, I get the error;
"Capability CAD interface - Catia v5 does not exist in the ANSYS licensing pool.
None of the products enabling this capacity are available in the specified license path."
I have tried different things:
1) I have asked the technical support to run "CAD Configuration Manager" as administrator and tick the "Catia v5" box, and then proceed with the installation. I get two "success" mentions at the end, but when I open it next the box isn't checked anymore, and nothing has changed.
2) I have also asked to run "Product&CAD configuration" as administrator, but here the "Catia v5" box is already ticked so I don't think it changed anything.
A colleague of mine can open CATPart with ANSYS without problem, the technical support has no idea what the problem is, and I can't do anything if this issue is not solved, so I would really appreciate any help.
Thanks in advance
June 30, 2020 at 9:18 amRobAnsys Employee
Are you trying to work with Catia on the Student licence or on the one with your host company?
June 30, 2020 at 9:53 amstacypattiSubscriber
The one with my host company, I've seen that it might not be possible to do so with a Student licence.
June 30, 2020 at 10:06 amRobAnsys Employee
Right, if it's the company software ask one of your colleagues to contact the Ansys support team. It sounds like either the licence is in use or a configuration problem and they'll be able to do a lot more than we can on here.
As a student you're correct to ask here, but if you're with a company that has support entitlement they can call us directly. When you return to University please revert to here.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Error with workbench SceneGraphChart
- How can I renew ANSYS student version license?
- License Error
- Workbench error
- Workbench not opening
- Sizing on Ansys Workbench 19.2
- Error: Exception of type ‘Ansys.Fluent.Cortex.Cortex not availableException’ was thrown
- Licensing error while opening ANSYS Mechanical
- Ansys2021R2 ansys212 seg faults immediately on RHEL8.2
- An error occurred when the post processor attempted to load a specific result.
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.