Ansys Products

Ansys Products

license error in “Discovery Live Student” and “Ansys Student”

• franki01hk
      Subscriber

Hi,

I have a headache problem on both updated programmes: Discovery Live Student and Ansys Student 19.1, whatever I un-install them, download them again, and re-install.

They both still have the same problem: License

After I run the Fluent 19.1, there is a message at the console:

Build Time: Apr 9 2018, 14:08:01, Build Id: 10123

ANSYS LICENSE MANAGER ERROR: An unknown operation requested.

Hit return to exit.

Unexpected license problem; exiting.

And all the function on the panel cannot be used.

How can I do?

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi franki01hk ,

Do you have ANSYS commercial packages installed as well ?

Could you try the steps that I described at the bottom of this post 

https://forum.ansys.com/forums/topic/missing-analysis-systems-from-toolbox/?order=all#comment-3c2546cf-56ec-4476-978d-a91901802e34

This is to test whether it can check out the license. If there is any error, please send me the full error message.

Thank you,

Win

• franki01hk
      Subscriber

Hi Win,

I don't have any ANSYS commercial software on my computer.

I had installed the three version 18.2, 19.0 and 19.1 altogether for the first time since I did not know they will interrupt each other, I re-install v19.1 after un-installed these three versions but the problems still there.

And now I use your method: " open up Windows Explorer and paste ( %appdata%ansys ) into the address bar ", I see there are 3 folders (v18.2, v19.0, and v19.1) in AppData/Roaming/Ansys, but there are empty in the licensing folder under folder v191 & v182, and there is no licensing folder under folder v190.

Hey Win, one more thing I would like to ask, how can I paste the captured the error message windows by using the function "Print Screen" on the keyboard, I tried to capture and paste on here but does not work.

Waiting for your good news.

Franki

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi Franki,

Thank you for the info. If you never installed ANSYS commercial package, you can disregard the part about %appdata%ansys

However, please try the command that I mentioned after this part, which is 

open up CMD Prompt, then issue the following command (this is for default installation path, if you've installed it in a non-default path, you have to change the path accordingly. Note: This is different than the path in %appdata%ansys , those that are under 'appdata' are just to store configurations, they are not the main installation directory. )

"C:Program FilesANSYS IncANSYS StudentShared FilesLicensingwinx64ansysli_util" -checkout aa_t_i

If your licensing is fine, you should see the output like

"..... INFO Demo license file  C:Program FilesANSYS IncANSYS StudentShared FilesLicensingstudent.lic exists.

aa_t_i OUT ....."

If you take the screenshot from the 'Print Screen' button, you can try opening up the 'Paint' and paste it in there , then save it into any picture file format. Then, you can attach that file onto this post using the 'Insert Image' button.

Thank you,

Win

• franki01hk
      Subscriber

Hi Win,

I used your method: Open up CMD Prompt, then type "C:Program FilesANSYS IncANSYS StudentShared FilesLicensingwinx64ansysli_util" and run it, but no response.

And I double-check the file size of ansysli_util in windows explorer, it seems not empty

Why does this happen?

Franki

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi Franki,

You missed the switch/flag after the ansysli_util command. Please use the entire command in one line

"C:Program FilesANSYS IncANSYS StudentShared FilesLicensingwinx64ansysli_util" -checkout aa_t_i

If you already cd to 'winx64' directory, you can also just use this command

ansysli_util -checkout aa_t_i

Thank you,

Win

• franki01hk
      Subscriber

Hi Win,

Here is the test result after using type-in the command. My monitor is not big enough for one screenshot, so I divided into 2 screenshots.

This message in the cmd window: "An unknown operation requested" is the same as when I run ANSYS v19.1

After I click "OK" and just have those tools on the toolbox after I click "Reset Workspace".

Franki

• franki01hk
      Subscriber

Hi Win,

Here is the error message when I start up the ANSYS Discovery Student:

After I click "Start in view only mode", there are no any tools in the toolbox.

Franki

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi Franki,

Thank you for the test results.

Can you try creating another Windows user account using just English letters (a,b,c,...,x,y,z) , then see if you still encounter the issue ?

If that helps, see if your current username has any special character in it. Please remove those out.

Thank you,

Win

• franki01hk
      Subscriber

Hi Win,

I changed the Windows users account name just using "A", but the result seems no use.

The error message is still here in the ANSYS Fluent Student v19.1:

The error message is still here when I start-up ANSYS Student V19.1:

And there are still no any tools in toolbox after I click "OK":

And, the error for the ANSYS Discovery Student is still here:

This error message still occurs when I start-up the ANSYS Discovery Student

There is still no any tools in the toolbox after I click "Activate in the view-only mode":

Looking forward to your good news!

I need to learn all of them familiarity for the coming up semester in my 2nd-year university projects.

Franki

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi Franki,

Thank you for trying this. Can you also try this user profile (A) with the setting to use English as a default language ?

Thank you,

Win

• franki01hk
      Subscriber

Hi Win,

I have followed all the instructions from the videos which you sent to me, but, since my MS Windows is Win 7 professional version, so it's no changing language function, Win 7 enterprise and Utimate version will have this function, this comes from the help of the control panel.

And, I've tried to follow the instructions from Windows.com which using the Windows 7 upgrade advisor, but there are no ways to go to upgrade my Win 7.

Any other ideas to solve the problems of ANSYS student product?

I need to use ANSYS CFD software to do my university project in the coming semester in Year-2. And it just has 3 weeks to go, so, please help me!

Thanks!

Franki

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi Franki,

It seems that for your Windows version, you can't install other language packs (e.g., English) . Could you try using this tool to see if you could set to use English   https://www.froggie.sk/index.html ?

Thank you,

Win

• franki01hk
      Subscriber

Hi Win,

Here is a bad news about the result of the installation language packs: --- Installation not successfully.

I've downloaded all the needed files and followed the instructions, but.....

So sad! How can I do?

Franki

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi Franki,

I still think it has something to do with your machine doesn't have English pack installed, so the ANSYS licensing couldn't recognize certain request.

We have to find a way to get your machine to recognize English.

Just to verify if this is really an issue, could you send me the screenshots of the following

In the Windows search , type

%temp%.ansys

then look for the file that says 'demo..log' 

Open this file up and scroll to the bottom of the file and send me the screenshots of it

Thank you,

Win

• franki01hk
      Subscriber

Hi Win,

Here is the information of this file, since my monitor is not big enough, so I capture it into left and right part:

Franki

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi Franki,

Can you login as user A, then do the same

In the Windows search , type

%temp%.ansys

then look for the file that says 'demo..log' 

Open this file up and scroll to the bottom of the file and send me the screenshots of it

Also, is there any chance that you could try updating your OS to Windows 10 or changing it to Windows 7 Ultimate or Windows 7 Enterprise ?

Thank you,

Win

• franki01hk
      Subscriber

Hi Win,

My computer no need login before and after change my computer username, and my computer user "A" as an administrator automatically when start-up my computer. 

It seems the modified time in all files and the time recorded in log still is "July", the following screenshots are captured today:

It seems like "Freezing". The modified date = the date that I re-install ANSYS, and my first post here.

Franki

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi Franki,

Your user profile somehow is still Candy & Franki as you can see in the address of the Windows Explorer bar. 

You can also check by launching CMD Prompt, then type 

set t

This should show TEMP and TMP paths that are under 'A' (C:UsersA.....)

Another thing you can check is

set u

Then look for USERPROFILE , see if it says C:UsersA

Once you have confirmed all of these are correct, please try the product again and see if it works.

If not, please follow that steps (%temp%.ansys)

Then show me the screenshot of the log from user A.

Thank you,

Win

• franki01hk
      Subscriber

Hi Win,

The below screenshot is: set t

Then: set u

Then: the result of (%temp%.ansys)

Franki

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi Franki,

Those are to check whether you have logged in as user 'A' and if the user profile is created correctly.

If you still see Candy... , this means something is wrong with your user A profile.

Please make sure that you log in as A correctly, then try using ANSYS again.

Thank you,

Win

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.