Ansys Products

Ansys Products

License get stuck every time after solver has finished running.

• Kadhir
      Subscriber
      I have a commercial license-1 for enterprise. Every time I use my solver and close the solver, it shows that already the license is being in use. Is there any way to clear the license manually when not in use?(using client)n
    • Kadhir
      Subscriber
      The solver that I am using is Mechanical APDL and license is Enterprise for Non linear analysis. Every time I close the solver that is complete solution, the license get stuck in and I am unable to do another Ansys. It works sometime if I close the computer and open again. I wanted to know if I could manually release the license somehow.n n
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      The licence should release when you close the solver down. will know what stuff to ask for. n
    • Kadhir
      Subscriber
      Can you help me with this license issue. I need to know, is there any way that we can manually disable the license? Thank you in advance.n
    • ANSYS_MMadore
      Ansys Employee
      Please exit all Ansys applications and check for any stuck ansysli_client or ansyscl processes in your Task Manager. If you find any, please kill them to try freeing the license.n
    • Kadhir
      Subscriber
      Thank you for your response. I tried to take your method. I closed everything related to Ansys. I find my license is still stuck in ansysli_client but, there is no ansys processes in my task manager. How can I kill them ?n
    • ANSYS_MMadore
      Ansys Employee
      ArrayIf there are no hung processes, you would need the license server administrator to either restart the license manager or to run the lmremove command to release the license. n
    • Kadhir
      Subscriber
      Ah I see,so there is no other way to do this without administrator releasing the License from the License manager. Thank you very much. that was very helpful.n
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Welcome.n
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.