July 26, 2023 at 2:15 pmzgao04Subscriber
After installing the new license file, FlexNet Licensing is not running.
July 26, 2023 at 2:24 pmMike H.SubscriberI have the same issue.
flexnet log:10:14:01 (lmgrd) Server's System Date and Time: Wed Jul 26 2023 10:14:01 Eastern Daylight Time 10:14:01 (lmgrd) pid 532 10:14:01 (lmgrd) SLOG: Summary LOG statistics is enabled. 10:14:16 (lmgrd) The TCP port number in the license, 1055, is already in use. 10:14:16 (lmgrd) Possible causes: 10:14:16 (lmgrd) 1) The license server manager (lmgrd) is already running for this license. 10:14:16 (lmgrd) 2) The OS has not "cleared" this port since lmgrd died. 10:14:16 (lmgrd) 3) Another process is using this port number (unlikely). 10:14:16 (lmgrd) Solutions: 10:14:16 (lmgrd) 1) Make sure lmgrd and all vendor daemons for this 10:14:16 (lmgrd) license are not running. 10:14:16 (lmgrd) 2) You may have to wait for the OS to clear this port. 10:14:16 (lmgrd) Retrying for about 5 more minutes 10:14:34 (lmgrd) Still trying... 10:14:52 (lmgrd) Still trying... 10:15:10 (lmgrd) Still trying...
- old license file installed and server started.... works fine.
- stop the manager
- install new license file
- start the manager...... it starts but then stops after 5 seconds.
- so I killed the lmgrd processes and restarted the manager... still stops by itself after five seconds.
- killed the lmgrd processes again, reinstalled the OLD license file, started the manager...works fine.
July 26, 2023 at 8:07 pmMike H.Subscriber
Just tried again after some time.
1) regenerated license file from Ansys Licensing website from new entitlement.
2) stopped local license manager
3) installed new license file
4) License manager starts....and then stops by itself after 5 seconds.
5) Install OLD license file.... license manager starts again and stays activated... normal operation.
July 27, 2023 at 12:35 pmMike H.Subscriber
Does this have anything to do with the new license file start date? It officially starts 08/01/2023.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- License Error
- Error with workbench SceneGraphChart
- Sizing on Ansys Workbench 19.2
- Workbench not opening
- Error: Exception of type ‘Ansys.Fluent.Cortex.Cortex not availableException’ was thrown
- Workbench error
- how to open DesignModeler
- FlexNet Licensing – Not running
- Problem with FlexNet Licensing
- An error occurred when the post processor attempted to load a specific result.
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.