Ansys Products

Ansys Products

License is running, but programs will not launch

• ian.schwartz
      Subscriber

I have ANSYS student and have gotten the license management quite up and running. After verifying my license, however, I am still unable to launch any ANSYS products. Any attempt to do so results in an error, which I am attaching as a PNG image.

If anybody could point me in the right direction to get my simulations up and running I would really appreciate it!

Thanks

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi ian.schwartz,

ANSYS Student doesn't use ANSYS License Manager. Please uninstall everything

License Manager

1.1 Uninstall the ANSYS, Inc. License Manager service. You must use the following command to do so in an elevated Windows Command Prompt [launched by right-click and ‘run as administrator’]: 

"C:Program FilesAnsys IncShared FilesLicensingwinx64ansysli_server" -k stop

"C:Program FilesAnsys IncShared FilesLicensingwinx64ansysli_server" -k uninstall

Note: Change your installation path accordingly

1.2 Uninstall the ANSYS Licensing Tomcat service. You must use the following commands to do so:

sc stop ANSYSLicensingTomcat

sc delete ANSYSLicensingTomcat

2. Delete the Shared Files subdirectory (C:Program FilesANSYS IncShared Files by default).

3. Remove the ANSYS, Inc. License Manager folder from the Start menu.

4. Remove the ANSYSLIC_DIR and the ANSYSLIC_SYSDIR environment variables, if set.

ANSYS Student products

I'm guessing you install it here C:Program FilesANSYS Student 

go there and go into v1xx folder , then run the 'Uninstall.exe' with 'run as administrator' . Once this is done, remove the entire C:Program FilesANSYS Student  folder.

Once the un-installation is completed, reinstall only ANSYS Student package (preferably under C:Program FilesANSYS IncANSYS Student ) .

Let us know if this helps.

Thank you,

Win

• dsurendr
      Ansys Employee

Hello Ian,

Are you using the paid version of ANSYS licenses? Have you installed the commercial packages from ANSYS Customer Portal?

If so, please try changing the environment variable ANSYSLIC_DIR to C:Program FilesANSYS IncShared FilesLicensing (default path, migth change according to your install)

Also, check if you have a file called ansyslmd.ini under C:Program FilesANSYS IncShared FilesLicensing. If not, please create one with contents

ANSYSLI_SERVERS=2325@

SERVER=1055@

Check if 2325 and 1055 are the ANSYS Licensing Interconnect and Flexnet ports used by the ANSYS License Manager.

Also replace with the actual hostname of your system where you run the ANSYS Licenses.

Thank you.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.