Ansys Products

Ansys Products

License issue R19.2

• rozer00
      Subscriber

I had installed student version ansys 19.2 on June 2019 having license durability for 12 months.Now message is being displayed regarding expiry within 15 days or contact ansys sales representative.Kindly,sort out this issue as soon as possible.

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Please can you post the images into the message? Staff are not permitted to open/download attachments.  

• rozer00
      Subscriber

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Odd. Please can you post the licence file too? That'll help figure out why it's complaining. 

• rozer00
      Subscriber

server problem

• rozer00
      Subscriber

15, 2019 216: Attempting to display the license status...

====================================================================================================

DISPLAY THE LICENSE STATUS:

ANSYS Licensing Interconnect path = 

ANSYS FLEXlm license path = C:Program FilesANSYS IncANSYS StudentShared FilesLicensingstudent.lic

***** Note: Due to a FLEXlm limitation, all tasks may not be found *****

<================================================================================>

<================================================================================>

***** LICENSE SERVER STATUS: C:Program FilesANSYS IncANSYS StudentShared FilesLicensingstudent.lic *****

lmutil - Copyright (c) 1989-2015 Flexera Software LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Flexible License Manager status on Thu 8/15/2019 216

[Detecting lmgrd processes...]

Error getting status: No SERVER lines in license file. (-13,66)  

====================================================================================================

Aug 15, 2019 216: The above 'License Status' information was written to the following file:

C:UsersuserDesktopserver file.txt

• rozer00
      Subscriber

Welcome to the Client ANSYS, Inc. Licensing Administration Utility

Hostname: DESKTOP-T080NUB 

Installation directory: C:Program FilesANSYS IncANSYS Student 

Aug 15, 2019 22:11: Attempting to display the customer number(s)...  

Customer number = 1055371

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi rozer00,

Sorry about the confusion. It says 12 months but that's not from the time that you install it. It's from the time that the package was uploaded on the website. The expiration date is always a fixed date regardless of when users download and install it. You can see on the left of the button when you click 'AGREE & DOWNLOAD' , that is the fix expiration date. For 19.2, the built-in license will be expired on 8/31/19 . So, what you are seeing is expected.

We do have a workaround to help extending the license for old versions of ANSYS. Please see this post

https://forum.ansys.com/forums/topic/how-can-i-renew-ansys-student-version-license/

Thanks,

Win

• rozer00
      Subscriber

I had access to link provided by you https://forum.ansys.com/forums/topic/how-can-i-renew-ansys-student-version-license/ but I was unable to renew my license.Kindly,help me out of this problem its very important to me.I need to renew this software.

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

You weren't able to download or you weren't able to extract the file? 

• rozer00
      Subscriber

Unable to extract files as files are not present in folder downloaded by me online.How to renew license?  

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Can you post the screenshot of that folder ?

• rozer00
      Subscriber

screenshot is being provided above.Kindly resolve issue as soon as possible.

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

you have to look for the 'student' folder from the unzipped of the installation package that you downloaded, not from your installation directory.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.