August 30, 2023 at 8:23 pmEmery HoldenSubscriber
August 31, 2023 at 9:48 amRajeshwari JadhavAnsys Employee
Are you able to ping or telnet your server, in the command prompt try using cmd “ping servername” and “telnet servername 1055” .
To ON telnet service go to start -->search “Turn Windows feature on or off” -->check box “Telnet Client” and click ok.
Please let me know if you are able to ping and telnet. Send the screenshot.
If you are not able to telnet, then check PORTS and Firewall exceptions. Make sure Ansys default ports(1055,2325) are open in the firewall.
August 31, 2023 at 4:30 pmEmery HoldenSubscriber
I can definitely ping. I am not turning on telnet. Like I said in the origional post though, I don't think it's a network issue, as the 2023R1 software from the same computer works fine.
September 8, 2023 at 3:11 pmRajeshwari JadhavAnsys Employee
On the License Server Machine
- Can you go to “C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\Shared Files\Licensing\license_files” and open ansyslmd.lic in notepad.
- In the license file, just add PORT=1056 and save it
- Goto Start > Ansys, Inc. License Manager > Ansys License Management Center
- Click on View Status/Start/Stop License Manager and Restart the License Manager.
- Ask the user to run the application again.
Also, remember to add 1056 port in outbound/inbound rules on clients as well as the server end.
September 8, 2023 at 7:47 pmEmery HoldenSubscriber
Thank you for the reply, That line is already there. Also, our license server is on linux and we don't use the Ansys license Management Center. It's ok though I will just tell my staff that they need to update to 2023.
September 8, 2023 at 8:25 pmRajeshwari JadhavAnsys Employee
Yes, please do so.
Also, it's recommended that the Ansys License Manager should always be higher or equivalent to the latest Ansys application installed.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- License Error
- Error with workbench SceneGraphChart
- Sizing on Ansys Workbench 19.2
- Workbench not opening
- Error: Exception of type ‘Ansys.Fluent.Cortex.Cortex not availableException’ was thrown
- Workbench error
- how to open DesignModeler
- FlexNet Licensing – Not running
- Problem with FlexNet Licensing
- An error occurred when the post processor attempted to load a specific result.
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.