Ansys Products

Ansys Products

License problem -Ensight

• atswu
      Subscriber

Hello,

I installed Ensight 10.2.7a. During the installation there was no prompt to enter a license location or server name. I set the environment variable Slimd8_servers to the server location and port, but upon opening Ensight, the program is unable to find the license location. This is the error message I get:

If I understand correctly, Ensight is using Flexnet instead of Slimd8, so why is it still asking for a slim8.key? How can I get the license to work?

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi atswu,

Do you know if the license server is using the legacy Ensight License Manager or the ANSYS License Manager ?

If the latter is the case, on your machine, unset that environment that you set, then set these two instead

ENSIGHT10_LM=ansys

ANSYSLMD_LICENSE_FILE=@

Note: Replace  with the actual port number used by FlexNet on the license server running ANSYS LM. This port is default to 1055.

Replace with the actual server information (either server hostname, fqdn, or IP address)

Thank you,

Win

• atswu
      Subscriber

Hi Win,

After setting the variables, I am still getting an error:

What can I do next?
    • atswu
      Subscriber

Also I am unsure which license manager the license server is using.

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi atswu,

I can't see the attachment for some reason. Can you re-post it ?

Please check with the server admin of that machine to see what License Manager is running. It should use ANSYS License Manager so that those two environment variables that I mentioned would work.

However, this also depends on what license you/your server admin has. If it's the legacy Ensight license, you still need to host it with the legacy Ensight License Manager and if this is the case, you can't use this Ensight version (10.2.7a) with that licensing. You have to find legacy Ensight product/installation package and use that one.

Thank you,

Win

• atswu
      Subscriber

Hi Win,

Sorry about the attachment. I've reattached it here. The ANSYS License Manager is running. I'm still having trouble accessing the license using the two environment variables you mentioned.

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi atswu,

Please check with the server admin if the license server is up and running.

If so, this is a network issue. The client machine can't communicate with the server. Please consult with your IT that the client machine can communicate with the server via port 2325.

Thank you,

Win

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.