April 6, 2023 at 10:02 amElie HaddadSubscriber
Hello, as I have a new license, I tried to follow all the steps from Ansys guides, but I have come through an error: "Error getting status: License server machine is down or not responding. (-96,7:11001 "WinSock: Host not found (HOST_NOT_FOUND)")"
I have tried many ways to fix this issue, have followed steps on Ansys Optics concerning errors -96 and -97, changed dynamic ports to static ports, made the changes to the firewall, etc. But the problem persists, and I don't know what the solution might be. The error message stays the same.
I thank you for any help!
April 23, 2023 at 9:11 pmVijayAnsys EmployeeHi Elie, Open a command prompt and try to ping the server with the following command and see if you get a response from an IP address.. ping SERVERNAME
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Error trying to solve with research license
- Getting error of “waiting for license server to respond”
- Fluent parametric sweep from workbench getting stuck
- ANSYS Electronics Desktop 2019 R2 and the new update of windows 10
- Facing issues with Microsoft MPI in ANSYS EDT HFSS 2020R2
- forrtl error 153 (no Aspen is used)
- Trying to solve model in Lsdyna extension but cannot get the workbench lsdyna on toolbar as shown.
- Issue while opening ANSYS Additive print 2020 R2 app
- ANSYS Discovery file is undeletable
- 2021 R1 student version, mapdl is not launching
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.