Ansys Products

Ansys Products

License type

• fasiteng
      Subscriber
      Hi there,nMy customer #1135016nWe have the following license entitlement IDS:nAct-1135016-1-1029586933-ANSYS-1-1030182240 andnAct-1135016-1-1029586933-ANSYS-1-1030182236nI have installed ANSYS products and the License manager on the same computer (srye-tfl-01). All works fine.nNow I have installed ANSYS on another computer (srye-tfl-02) and want it to check the license from the first computer where I installed the license manager. I am having issues getting tfl-02 to check the license from tfl-01. I already opened the needed ports in the tfl-01. I also made sure that ansyslmd.ini in tfl-02 has the following lines:nSERVER=1055@srye-tfl-01.domainnamenANSYSLI_SERVERS=2325@srye-tfl-01.domainnamennI wonder whether our current license type supports what I am trying to achieve or we need to get a different type?nPlease let me know if you need any other info.nP.S. I am managing another license server for another school for about 4 years and it is well working for me.nThanksnAladdinn
    • ANSYS_MMadore
      Ansys Employee
      Are the 2 machines able to communicate with each other? Can one ping the other? Are you able to telnet to all 3 licensing ports from tfl-02 to tfl-01? The necessary ports are 1055, 2325 and whichever port ansyslmd is currently running on. Starting with version 2021R1 you need to open the ansyslmd port, which you may need to set to a static port for firewall purposes. To do this, add PORT=XXXXX on the VENDOR line of the license file and restart the license manager, then open the firewall for that port.nExample:nVENDOR ansyslmd PORT=1056nnWhat are the errors seen on tfl-02?.ThanksnMattn
    • fasiteng
      Subscriber
      Sorry to bother you with this.nIt was a firewall issue. A GPO was preventing the local rules.nThe issue has been resolved. nThank you.n
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.