Ansys Free Student Software

Ansys Free Student Software

Licensing error with student version

• balensid
      Subscriber

I downloaded the student version of Ansys so that I can use Mechanical APDL for a class this semester. However, I get the error message, shown below, when I open launcher or APDL.

Things to note:

I downloaded and installed Ansys 2020 R2 and got this error and thought it may have been a compatibility issues. So I uninstalled 2020 R2 and installed 2020 R1. When I noticed that the error also occurred in 2020 R1, I uninstalled R1 and reinstalled R2 so that I can fix the issue on the latest version.

• subhamdas
      Subscriber
      Answered here:nAnswered here:nn
    • balensid
      Subscriber
      Hey subhamdasnI came accross this too and gave it a try, but still not working. License directories seem to be a little different between the 2019 and 2020 version. n
    • maherpeace
      Subscriber
      Student version 2020R1 working fine till a week ago , I deleted it , and downloaded again with 2020R2nni am getting this error stillnn
    • tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee
      Have you tried temporarily disabling security software (anti-virus, firewall, etc.) ?nAre you using VPN ?nYou can try the following command in CMD Promptnmove %appdata%\ansys %appdata%\ansys.oldnIf doesn't help, try the following commandn%awp_root202%\..\Shared Files\Licensing\winx64\ansysli_util -checkout ANS_SOLVERnwhat's the output ?nAlso, enter the following commandnsetnand show the output.nn
    • maherpeace
      Subscriber
      Issue is solvedThank you Tsiriaks , n
    • tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee
      That's great !nCould you elaborate so others know the specific resolution ?n
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.