May 24, 2023 at 11:23 pmMarco PevianiSubscriber
Hello everyone, I calculated the CL of a NACA 2410 in two different ways: in the first one I added the CL and CD from the report definition (the values are correct comparing them with the theory), with the second method I obtain CL through the Force_y in the Results, in this case the CL is exactly 10 times smaller than the exact value.
Could you tell me what the problem is?
May 25, 2023 at 12:51 pmFederico Alzamora PrevitaliSubscriber
how exactly are you extracting Cl in your second method? I note that P4 and P5 are unitless which is in line with Cl/Cd, while P3 and P6 have units of Newtons.
May 25, 2023 at 12:54 pm
May 25, 2023 at 1:05 pmFederico Alzamora PrevitaliSubscriber
So how are you getting Cl/Cd from the force in CFD-Post? I suspect you are not using the same reference values. You can check the ones used by Fluent in Physics tab > Reference values
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error: Received signal SIGSEGV
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.