General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Lifting Angle Setup

• Luke.dykstra
      Subscriber

Hello,

I am having trouble figuring out the best way to scope and add rigid beams, representing lifting chains, to a skid lift. I need to have the lifting done at a 20 degree angle from the vertical plane (screen shot 1) as shown below.

For a second analysis I need to add a compound angle so that it lifts from 20 degrees from the vertical(screen shot 1)and also 20 degrees from the side plane (screen shot 2).

I fell that this should be pretty easy but not sure if it is better to do it in DM/Space Claim or within workbench. Is it possible to add coordinates and remote points at an angle at the lifting locations? Do i need to set a remote point in space above the CG that will produce the 20 degree angle that is needed? Then scope a rigid beam of spring with a high k factor from point A to point B?

I tried to think if face splits was best to use but that seems to be limiting and does not seem to be the most efficient way to do it. Any insight or help on this setup would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you much.

• Ashish Khemka
      Ansys Employee
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.