November 6, 2023 at 9:39 amAli MomennezhadSubscriber
I am new to ZEMAX. I have an optical fiber with a 60-degree tilted mirror tip. I want to simulate the light propagation inside the brain.
Consider these parameters:
mean path: 0.086
I am not sure I am doing it correctly as I think the tip of the fiber should be located inside the brain which here is the rectangular volume and also I don't know how exactly determine the NA of the optical fiber which should be 0.22. In addition, How can I have an optical fiber with a tilted mirror tip?
Any help is appreciated.
November 6, 2023 at 10:00 am
November 9, 2023 at 10:17 amElham SarbaziAnsys Employee
Thanks for reaching out. I appreciate the descriptions you have provided.
1) For adjusting the numerical aperture of the optical fiber, you can have a look at a nice discussion in the Zemax community.
2) Regarding modeling an optical fiber with a tilted tip: for the Cylinder 2 Volume objects, you can set the tilt of the rear face of the fiber using the parameter(s) Back Angle Along X or Y.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Errors about integrate executable into ANSYS Workbench using ACT
- How many designs are generated while performing optimization using Optislang with NLPQL?
- ANSYS Optislang
- Optislang workbench add-in
- Design of Experiment points: Design Exploration
- Local Sensitivity and Sensitivities: what difference?
- Parameter relationships for Optimization
- Parametric study: Batch mode
- Optislang Adaptive Metamodel of Optimal Prognosis(AMOP)
- DesignXplorer vs optiSLang for Workbench CFD Optimization
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.