July 30, 2018 at 6:31 pmomid1988Subscriber
I am using university clusters to run my FLUENT case studies, and face an error regarding license. When I use 128 computational nodes, I face this error:
ANSYS LICENSE MANAGER ERROR:Not enough ANSYS Research Associate Parallel licenses 128/64.
Cannot find license file.
Unable to spawn node: license not available.
For lower number of nodes, I didn't face this issue. However, I need to use a lot more number of nodes to speedup the simulations.
I would appreciate if anyone has idea about this issue, and could help me figure out the problem.
July 30, 2018 at 7:21 pmANSYS_MMadoreAnsys Employee
It would appear that you only have 64 HPC licenses available based on the error message. To get beyond that you'd need to purchase additional licenses.
July 30, 2018 at 7:25 pmomid1988Subscriber
Thanks for the reply.
Yes, you are right! It seems we do not have lots of licenses available in our clusters.
Initially, I thought it is the limit of ANSYS academic license, but I believe it should be a lot more and maybe depends on the license purchaser.
August 2, 2018 at 7:04 pmANSYS_MMadoreAnsys Employee
Correct, it depends on how many HPC licenses are purchased, rather than the size of the cluster.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Limitations to Student License?
- Missing Analysis Systems from toolbox
- Not seeing any items in the ANSYS Workbench toolbox?
- ANSYS License Manager Error
- “An error occurred while starting the solver module.” – Maybe licence problem?
- FLUENT application Failed to start
- Please recommend the configuration of the computer workstation
- No license available at this time
- I am using MacBook Pro with M1chip, how can I install or any other ways to use Ansys ?
- Problem with ANSYS 18.2 SpaceClaim
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.