Fluids

Fluids

Limitation of component system

• keyurckp
      Subscriber

I know that using ansys component system adds more flexibility to perform our analysis but what is the limitation of component system if there is any? Also can anyone explain custom system, design exploration and external connection system?

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

There aren't really any limitations as you can connect into other component or analysis systems as needed. Pretty much it's flexible, and you can use it to suit your need. 

Re the other points, they're covered in DOC, look in Workbench help under the User's Guide -> ANSYS Workbench Systems

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

Hello, 

We have see many components in one project. I have not seen any practical limitation as such. Also as you add more and more components, please make sure that you have sufficient space to save data. 

Custom system is designed for specific applications like FSI and it will give overall workflow for the same. The External Connection Add-in enables you to integrate custom, lightweight, external applications and processes into the ANSYS Workbench Project Schematic workflow. Features exposed by the External Connection also allow you to perform automation and customization activities. For more information please check users guide. 

Regards,

Keyur

• keyurckp
      Subscriber

Thank you for your reply Mr kkanade but what i meant to say is that using component system we can achieve flexibility in meshing in cfx, fluent but can same kind of flexibility can be achieved with other mechanical templates? With flexibility i mean you can mesh two different components of a same assembly and them combine them with component system.

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

Yes, you can do that. 

Regards,

Keyur

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.