General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Limitation of the semi-implicit command

• Emperor
      Subscriber

Hello to all, 

I have a convergence problem on my nonlinear calculation, the error is not diagnosed, so I try to use the semiiplicite command, I have this error : "Non-structure DOF is not supported in a semi-implicit analysis for   

element type 7. " material 7 is a solid285, is there any way to find another solution to use it?

• Erik Kostson
      Ansys Employee
      Hello

I think the message is very clear - so you can not use semi-implicit with solid285.

Try and use stabilization instead see if that helps
      (Under nonlinear controls in Mechanical analysis settings - or stabilize command in apdl)
      Erik

• Emperor
      Subscriber
      thank you for your answer it is the solution with the stabilization
    • Erik Kostson
      Ansys Employee
      glad to hear that the stabilization helped.
      Erik
    • Emperor
      Subscriber
      I have heard that when applying stabilization there is a certain level of energy that is brought to the model and this Energy can distort the results. So how do I know that the level of energy I have brought to my system using stabilization is correct? What energy do I look at knowing that I am in static (the Deformation Energy?)
    • Erik Kostson
      Ansys Employee
      Hi
      One can plot the stabilization energy which should be smaller than then elastic energy. USe also a reduce option instead of the constant for the stabilization.

For more info I would suggest looking into our help manual . Search for stabilization.

Also searching on the internet : stabilization and energy and ansys
      Gives perhaps some good links.

All the best

Erik

• Emperor
      Subscriber
      thank you for your answers,
      best regards
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.