March 28, 2020 at 8:01 pmmicmarinoSubscriber
I would like to use Ansys Student Version in my lectures, assigning some projects to students. Therefore, I would like to have some details on the limitations of the Student Version in order to precisely tune the assignments in the projects. I know that there are limitations on the size of the problem (i.e., number of degrees of freedom) but I would like to know if I can assign simulations with these characteristics (in combination or individually):
- mechanical simulation with elasto-plastic materials and / or materials that undergo damage
- simulations controlled by APDL scripts
- fluid-structure interaction
- CFD with two immiscible fluids
- CFD with two mixable fluids (dispersed multiphase models), possibly incorporating chemical reactions
March 28, 2020 at 8:56 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
The Student license can do all of the above with one limitation on the fluid-structure interaction (FSI).
The Student license can only do one-way FSI. Pressure from a CFD model can be applied to a Structural model.
System Coupling is not included in the Student license so it cannot do two-way FSI were the deformation of the structure due to the fluid pressure is fed back to the CFD model to update the flow.
April 2, 2020 at 2:22 pmRobAnsys Employee
@micmarino Just a note of your last point we have a species model for mixable fluids, or there's the mixture/Eulerian model for intermixing phases for droplet/bubble/granular flows.
Also remember the Student licence will need updating so you may find the version changes during an academic year. Most Universities update over the summer because of IT workload/priority constraints.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Limitations to Student License?
- Missing Analysis Systems from toolbox
- Not seeing any items in the ANSYS Workbench toolbox?
- ANSYS License Manager Error
- “An error occurred while starting the solver module.” – Maybe licence problem?
- FLUENT application Failed to start
- Please recommend the configuration of the computer workstation
- No license available at this time
- I am using MacBook Pro with M1chip, how can I install or any other ways to use Ansys ?
- Problem with ANSYS 18.2 SpaceClaim
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.