December 5, 2022 at 7:46 pmSwati BhargavaSubscriber
I'm using Linear taper from Object Library. I can Edit this object to set its properties. One of the property is named "index" . Any idea what does this represent? I think this does not represent the material refractive index because there is another property names "Material" where I can select the material and that will in turn determine the refractive index.
Below is the snapshot where index property is shown at #8: By default it was set to 1.4 . I'm not sure how to decide its value, unelss I know what it represents.
Here is what Script tab shows: It does not talk about the index property!
December 5, 2022 at 11:55 pmSwati BhargavaSubscriber
I figured out that this is the dielectric index value. It seems to me that this parameter gets populated automatically based on the dielectric layer in the structure.
December 9, 2022 at 1:06 amTaylor RobertsonAnsys Employee
This value will likely only be used if you have chosen object defined dielectric material, then it will be the assigned index n of the object.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Why my simulation result is different from published paper or experiment?
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ganhemt Project mistake can you help me
- How to calculate the cross-polarization efficiency and phase in FDTD
- save data error
- Simulation of a single pillar of a peltier cooler
- EME : field profile and cell periodicity
- Ansys Insight: Single frequency CW source
- What is the meaning of this error ” Bad termination of…” ?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.