December 13, 2019 at 4:04 amdanilo98Subscriber
I have two questions.
The first is what is the difference between a linear and a nonlinear analysis in workbench and how can I know which of them I am using.
And the second is, how workbench uses the Young`s modulus in order to calculate the stresses.
Thank you for your help.
December 18, 2019 at 4:23 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
There are three kinds of nonlinearity in Structural models.
Geometric is when there are Large Deflections. You turn that on under Analysis Settings.
Material is under Engineering Data where you can add things like Plasticity or Hyperelastic models. If the only property is from the Linear Elastic category or Physical Properties like Density, then you have a Linear material model.
Contact is added under the Connections folder. The linear contacts are Bonded and No Separation. The nonlinear contacts are Rough, Frictionless and Frictional.
The FEA model uses nodes to track deformation (displacement). For a 1D linear element like a LINK, there are only two nodes. The change in length of the element is divided by the element length to compute Engineering (linear) Strain. Stress = Strain*E where E = Young's Modulus.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to move duplicated ansys project position in workbench GUI
- unable to open files in ansys
- Download MATLAB toolbox AnsysAAS
- An unknown error with memory occurred during solution.
- Error: Unable to open some designs in this project – Corrupted project files
- Desginpoints in Ansys 18.2 workbench got stuck at the stage of updating model in static structural
- ANSYS Multi field 2-way FSI data coupling issue
- Ansys solving system coupling problems on a remote cluster does not provide constant results.
- Material constant Damping calculation
- Different initial temperature conditions for two different object in transient-thermal
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.