Ansys Cloud

Ansys Cloud

Linked analysis is not supported

• Tom Allison
      Subscriber

Guys,

I'm trying to do a pre-stressed eigenvalue buckling analysis in Ansys Cloud.

I'm coming across an error in the Ansys Cloud extension that says 'linked analysis is not supported.' See the screenshots.

Has anyone come across this error? Can I use Ansys Cloud to solve the linked analysis?

Thanks!

Ansys Cloud Error

My Workbench Setup

• Mike Rife
      Ansys Employee

Hi Tom Allison

This is expected as the Mechanical Cloud wizard does not support solving the down-stream systems of linked analyses.  You can still use the Cloud Direct to solve these by:

1 Using a VDI  then solving 'locally'

2 On the down-stream analyses use the "Write Input File" option.  Edit the ds.dat as needed (may be some commands using reference to local file(s)).  Gather the needed up-stream files and the ds.dat to one folder.  Then use the Cloud command line to start the job.  

Mike

• Tom Allison
      Subscriber

Hi Mike,

Thank you very much for confirming this. I've been using your method 1 above as a workaround, but it does use up more AEC as you have to rent the machine for all the pre-processing.

Are you able to expand slightly on your method 2 please? Some more detail on the commands that I'd need to use and the specific files that I'd need to collate would be really helpful.

Many thanks,

Tom

• Mike Rife
      Ansys Employee

Hi Tom

You can do the pre-processing locally at your computer.  Then create a WB archive and transfer that to the VDI session.  

For the second method, see section 7.4.3 of the Ansys Help here:

https://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v231/en/ans_str/Hlp_G_STR7_5.html

In the ds.dat you might need to edit the 'resume' command depending on the version you are using.  Since you are using the Ansys Cloud Direct you are a customer so I would suggest opening an technical support Service Request.  That way you can walk through the procedure 'live' with a technical support engineer.  And maybe talk other types of linked systems if necessary.

Mike

• Mike Rife
      Ansys Employee

Hi Tom 
      I should have added that if gravity, or another constant load, is included then linear buckling is often a repeated process in order to get the eigenvalue close to 1, and so easier by VDI. 

• Tom Allison
      Subscriber

Mike,

Thank you very much for all of your help. I'll keep using the VDI for now, but will use the ds.dat method on a smaller analysis as a test in the near future.

Many thanks,

Tom

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.