Fluids

Fluids

Liquid jet injection into subsonic crossflow

Tagged: ,

• emmericfd
      Subscriber
      Hi all, nI'm new here and I need your help.nAt the moment, I'm creating a Muliphase Flow of a liquid fuel injection into a subsonic crossflow. I selected the Volume-Of-Fluid Model cause its an immiscable fluid (oliy and gaseous phase). nGoal of my simulation is to determine the injection trajectory of the liquid column and the size of the plume created by the crossflow (i.e. column surface break-up mechanism for creating the droplets/plume). I googled a bit and found out, that DPM simulation should be created in addition. nHowever, the simulation for the VOF model (only) does not convergate. The whole scenario is 100x50mm in size and a jet orofice of roughly 1.5mm. The roughest mesh is 0.5mm. Aspect Ratios are in the range of 1.nSolver Setting: Explicit Solver: PISO and SIMPLE.nnCan anybody support me with my problem.Cheers,nemmericfdn
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      It's probably a transient flow, and you may not have sufficient resolution in the near jet area. Read up on the VOF2DPM model as you may want to use that too. n
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.