Fluids

Fluids

Load UDF Error 193

• Max4
      Subscriber

Hi,

I´ve the following message when I try to Load a UDF:

I did some research, but everyone say something else.

Regards,

Maxime

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

Which compiler are using? Is it a 64 bit one?

• Karthik R
      Administrator

Hello,

Just to add to Amine's point - please double check if you have installed the correct compiler version. Please visit the following link and make sure you have the right compiler according to the version of Fluent you are using.

https://forum.ansys.com/forums/topic/ansys-19-0-visual-studio-intel-parallel-studio-xe-version-required-for-upfs/

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Karthik

• Max4
      Subscriber

Hi,

I´m using the Version 19.2 of Ansys Student and I have installed Visual Studio 2017 Community as follows:

Since the program was installed in the x86 directory, I will say 32 bits.

Regards,

Maxime

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

open the x-86_x64 Cross Tools Command Prompt. Make sure it is x-64 and type cl to check if the installation was correct.

• Max4
      Subscriber

I have the following Cross Tools:

I type cl in the command prompt:

Regards,

Maxime

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Please also confirm that you've not used any command or "odd" characters in the full path. The German B looking symbol for double s being one of the odd characters! 

• Max4
      Subscriber

What do you mean by " command" ? In the full path, there isn´t any "odd" characters.

Maxime

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Command characters would be   !  " £  $ = +   etc.   Fluent is/was designed for UNIX so some of the characters we use in Windows will have a different meaning and so shouldn't be used.  It's not that long ago that spaces in the directory structure caused problems. 

• Max4
      Subscriber

I haven´t such character in the full path. Do you think that a space in the directory structure could be the problem ? Directory structure of Ansys or VS ?

Maxime

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

I have downloaded the same package and it is working fine. Just start Fluent from the cross command prompt and try to compile the UDF there. If it is not working I will suggest that you contact your IT. 

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.