March 26, 2020 at 5:23 amnevertrustSubscriber
How can we do a simulation of Concrete cylinder specimen in workbench?
I want to valid load vs deflection curve.
I need help to edit materials input and how to apply the Load condition.
Further information should be added if needed.
If you have some example please attach file it will help me to understand clearly.
waiting for your positive response.
March 30, 2020 at 8:15 pmSaiDAnsys Employee
In Ansys Workbench, if you go to Engineering Data and click on Engineering Data Sources, then under General Materials, you should be able to add the Concrete material.
In addition, there are several tutorials available to get started. Could you share an image of the geometry or a diagram indicating what you want to simulate?
Hope this helps,
March 31, 2020 at 5:53 amnevertrustSubscriber
Thank you sai for your reply,
I assigned Multilinear Isotropic Hardening Properties on Concrete material. I plot Stress vs Plastic strain data but not assigned properly (Highlighted as not assign properly image can find below). How can we put data in Tabular?
Engineering Data = General materials = concrete
· Multilinear Isotropic Hardening
· Fill tabular (import delimited data)
Other properties are default.
Above figure is not clear so here is strain stress data.
Strain Stress (MPa)
I want to simulate the compression test on a cylinder. Dimension of Cylinder is 100 diameter and 200 mm height.
Waiting for your positive response.
March 31, 2020 at 7:46 pmWenlongAnsys Employee
The tangent modulus of a hardening model cannot be less than 0, which means you cannot define a softening behavior in a hardening model. (Reference:
There are other material properties you can use to define the softening behavior of concrete, such as the Microplane damage model:
You can do a search concrete site:studentcommunity.ansys.com on google and you will find a lot of information about concrete modeling in Ansys Mechanical.
- How to access Ansys Online Help Document
- How to show full resolution image
- How to use Google to search within Ansys Student Community
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Colors and Mesh Display
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.