General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Loop over multiple thermal transient analyses

• solani
      Subscriber

Hello everybody,

I am a master student and I try to do a simulation within Ansys Mechanical. In my setup I have different transient thermal analysis, let us name them T1, T2 and T3.

T2 uses the result of T1 as a inital condition and the result of T2 is used as a staring condition for T3.

Is there any possibility to use the result of T3 for T2 as a loop? I need to do multiple loops (at least 5 times). Yes - i could copy T2 as a new transient thermal analysis T4 but this is not very efficient. Maybe there is a better solution.

• 1shan
      Ansys Employee
      I see that all 3 are using the same model and physics. Why cant you do a multi-step analysis instead?
      Regards Ishan.
    • solani
      Subscriber
      first of all thank you for your answer. My screenshot above is just for simplification. The real problem is much more complex and has in each step different boundary conditions together with the option of Birth and Death of Elements. I dont know if a multi-step analysis is useful for this, too.
      Best regards,
      Ani

• 1shan
      Ansys Employee
      You could give it a try. Element birth - death has step controls and the boundary conditions can also be activate/deactivated for each step (something like
      " target="blank">
      ).
      Regards Ishan.
  • solani
    Subscriber

thanks for your advice. I will give it a try and post my result here :-)
    Best regards,
    Ani
  • solani
    Subscriber
    Hello again I tried to do a multi step analysis instead but it seems that there are some problems regarding my boundary condition - at least if I try it on the same way as I did it before. For doing it in another way I have to clarify something:
    Do you know if Radiation view factors are updated if I do an Element birth and death?
    Best regards,
    Ani
  • solani
    Subscriber
    Hello everybody.
    View factors can be calculated again by a VFOPT, new.
    I need to spend some time on designing the analysis and will probably come back later.
    Ani
  • Erik Kostson
    Ansys Employee
    Thanks for your feedback.

Please open up a new question should you have one later.

CLosing this one

Thanks

Erik
  • Viewing 7 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.