May 5, 2023 at 6:18 pmjavat33489Subscriber
Hi all. When there are many contacts, especially adjacent ones, in case of an error in the solution, it does not show which contact could lead to an error. Is it possible to find a problem contact in the mechanical workbench?
May 6, 2023 at 10:35 amAkshay ManiyarAnsys Employee
Can you share some more details about the error you are getting under the solver output with the model? It might help to address your issue. The error message can also give more information about the issue. Mechanical has various tools like contact trackers, Newton-Raphson residual plots which can help you to find the issue with specific contact or boundary conditions.
Please check below Ansys help links for troubleshooting some of the general errors with contacts.
How to access Ansys help links
Guidelines for Posting on Ansys Learning Forum
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- User manual
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- material damping and modal analysis
- Colors and Mesh Display
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.