March 7, 2023 at 11:29 amMayur PawarSubscriber
I've been performing magnetostatic analysis on a 4-pole active magnetic bearing of stator made up of iron and copper coil with 250 turns. Excitation is given as Amp*Turns, where the Amp rating is 0.5A. The virtual Force model is solved with parametric analysis of varying currents from 0.2 to 0.5.
The calculated force should come to around 9 Newton but it is on the scale of 0.5-3.5 milliNewton.
March 16, 2023 at 2:19 amNavya CAnsys Employee
1) How did you set up your region? Check if all the B field is confined within the simulation domain.
2) Check all the airgaps are maintained as per your calculation
If the problem persists share screenshots of your design, setup and B Field plot on the cross-section of the model
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- simulation completed with execution error on server
- How to export Ansys Maxwell simulation results for post-processing in matlab or in .csv file
- Maxwell, HFSS or Q3D?
- Unable to assign correctly the excitations in a coil
- Signing up as ANSYS Support Coordinator
- Running ANSYS HFSS on the HPC (it runs on Linux only)
- Intersect errors with model with complex structure
- Running ANSYS HFSS on multiple nodes on SLURM based cluster
- HFSS: reset marker legend dimensions.
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.